Please read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. Who We Are
Kurt T Richards, P.C. collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
2. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website and any products and services offered herein are not intended for persons under the age of 18. Kurt T Richards, P.C. does not knowingly collect information from anyone under 18 years of age. Kurt T Richards P.C. prohibits children under the age of 18 from using all interactive portions of this website, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. Kurt T Richards P.C. will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If Kurt T Richards P.C. learns it has any information or content from anyone under the age of 18 it will delete that information.
3. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
4. How we use your personal information
Kurt T Richards P.C. collects such information in order to send e-mails.
5. Who We Share Your Personal Information with
Kurt T Richards P.C. respects your privacy and will never sell, trade or transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties (beyond what is necessary for fulfilling a customer transaction or for the basic functionality of an online service) without your consent. Kurt T Richards PC , may release personal information to enforce its Website Terms and Conditions of Use, other Terms and Conditions, manage its business, protect users or the general public, or to otherwise comply with legal obligations. If you give Kurt T Richards P.C. your permission, it may also use personal identification information for internal or external marketing and promotional purposes. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
6. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will hold name, email address, or contact details for a period of 6 years.
7. Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
This website is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we might share your personal information as explained above are located in the United States. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer. These countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that [such countries] provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to a European Commission approved contract (as permitted under Article 46(5) of the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. If you would like further information, (see “How to contact us” below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom OR EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
8. Your Rights
If you want to unsubscribe from receiving e-mails from Kurt T Richards, P.C., you may do so at any time. Each e-mail from Kurt T Richards P.C. includes instructions for unsubscribing from these e-mail communications. If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
You may also have the right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws. For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call, or write to us
- Provide us enough information to identify you (e.g., account number, user name, invoice number, registration details)
- Provide us proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Provide us with the information to which your request relates [including any account or reference numbers, if you have them]
9. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable authorities of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. Please note that any comments or information that you post on the website, including Kurt T Richards P.C. and social media pages, become public and third parties may use your information. Kurt T Richards P.C. is not responsible for any unauthorized uses by third parties in such context. You disclose such information at your own risk.
10. Links to Other Sites
You may see advertising or other content on this website that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors or other third parties. Any products or services reached through a third-party link are subject to separate privacy policies. Kurt T Richards P.C. is not responsible for or liable for any content on or actions taken by such third-party websites.
11. How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any question or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
12. Changes to This Privacy Notice
13. How to Contact Us
14. Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).